Review Detail

Remote Monitoring & Management (RMM) C claimme 7651
Why my IT life is so much better with Labtech!
Rating: 

I hate giving high marks, but I can't go any lower! I pondered going with all 5's. The only reason I didn't was simple.
1. Value of money: I would rather pay less for everything, so I can't let Labtech know that the price is right.
2. Ease of Use: Once you understand the basics, it is easy to use. But it took me about 2 or 3 months of working with the product and calling support before I had a decent handle on the product. But, I have never used a product like this before. Honestly, with the help of support, I was able to pick up how to use this product very quickly. Now I love it!
3. Setup: I did have documentation that showed me how to setup Labtech, but I still had to call support. The documentation is good as a reference once you have an idea of how to configure something.
4. Customisation is awesome! I can do just about anything with this product. As long as I stick with best practises and not try to make Labtech work the way I want it to instead of the way Labtech developed it to work, it works great! It just took me a while to start thinking like Labtech.

I have been in this business since the middle 80's and what I would have given to have a product like this back in the 90's! I never slept at night worrying about customers systems. Now I sleep like a baby and never worry about my customers. If there is a problem, Labtech will let me know! Thanks for giving me back my life!

Some of my favorite features:
1. I love the way ESET works with Labtech! The ERAC server is awesome! I can setup antivirus to run on computers when I want, and if the customer does not leave their computer on at night, I can force them to run it during business hours. ESET is the best antivirus on the market as far as I am concerned. The only problem is that there cannot be a trace of any other antivirus on the computer when you go to install ESET. If there is, edit the registry, go to HKEY_LOCAL_Machine/software and look for any left overs from any antivirus that you had to uninstall.

2. The Windows Patching is awesome and automated. I have a customer that has to use Explorer 9 because of the software they are using and we always had a problem with customers doing a windows update. We have shut that off, and we never let them update to a higher version of Explorer. Nothing gets installed on these computers without us giving permission. It sure keeps things clean.

3. The reports, alarms, and monitors are awesome! I can setup up some of the alerts to go to low priority, or 911. That way I won't be bothered after hours with low priority, but I can go in and look at them when I have time. When we are notified with a 911, we know we need to look into the problem. Now that we are using Ignite our life became so much easier with all the alerts and alarms!

4. Scripting is beautiful! WE have a plethora of scripts that came with LabTech that are awesome! If we need something different we can always create our own! Once again, this make life so much easier!

5. Last but not least, the seamless connectivity between LabTech and ConnectWise works great! Writing tickets could not be easier. I have not found anything that we can't do with this combination of products.

Hope this helps. Feel free to email me if you have further questions that you need to know before you make the purchase!
Scott@showmeprotech.com
SR
Report this review Was this review helpful to you? 3 7

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account