Review Detail

Remote Monitoring & Management (RMM) C claimme 7652
Could be good if the company was run better
Rating: 

I have been using Continuum/Zenith for years and had heard a lot about LabTech since ConnectWise invested in them. I tried LabTech in 2010 and found that it had a very steep learning curve to it. Wanting to see if the ConnectWise investment had paid off I looked at them again in May of this year, also hoping to lower my overall management costs. Unfortunately, while the surface looks better, the product is still not a viable alternative. To top it off, billing and customer service may as well be on two different planets.

First, the technical aspects. LabTech tried to create this Ignite portion which starts monitoring certain aspects of Windows systems out the gate, similar to what Continuum does. In the first few days, I had over 200 alerts for one client who also had Continuum installed (three alerts generated). After speaking with some people about the amount of noise being generated, I paid extra (still during my implementation) to have training on how to quiet that down a little. LabTech does an awful job of making things intuitive; all they talk about is groups, alerts, actions, etc. but have no real documentation explaining how things work clearly. Instead, they always offer to sell you more time for training. Continuum maybe expensive, but they don't charge me to teach me how to use their system.

Now the customer service and billing. They have a money-back guarantee, but I just found out after trying to cancel my services with them since June, that it only applies if you go through all of the training processes and programs with them. Odd, since I was paying extra for training, I felt like I was done, but because I wanted my money back, their records showed differently. Now, I am out the money I put into this software and went through four months of frustration and stress to get to this.

I don't care if LabTech figures out how to dispatch a robot to hook up printers and mice on demand, I will never look to this solution again. Between the amount of effort and time you have to put into the software to make it work, and the incredibly poor customer service, I would rather spend 10x more for another solution.
SH
Report this review Was this review helpful to you? 13 5

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account