Review Detail

Remote Monitoring & Management (RMM) C claimme 7489
Easy to use - Nice integration
Rating: 

I've been a user of LabTech for approximately 18 months. It was a big change to get used to the interface, permissions, and the many tabs spread through the system. As far as the value of the product, I'd challenge you to find another RMM that provides the integration points, the flexibility, and the ultimate ease of use as LabTech.

As far as setup goes, once the system was setup and running, it took us a long time to really get our heads around the layout of the system. This was a bit of a frustration and why I dinged it a couple of points in setup. Sure the installation for the software itself was pretty painless, but group setup, best practices, and template inheritance was not without struggles to fully understand.

Once we understood how the product was designed and we became aware of the limitations of the software (sticky groups, limited groups, inheritance, etc.), we became much more productive with LT. I will also say we brought in an outside consultant to further assist us in maximizing our investment in LT. That was extremely beneficial, and I'd happily make that decision many times over. My understanding is that the consultant we used now works for LabTech in an effort to improve the "out of box" experience as well as provide continuous enhancements to the RMM toolset.

Over the last 18 months, we've submitted several support tickets. Some were basic functionality questions, others were more significant systemic issues we encountered. Based on the last 3 months, I'd actually rate the support very differently from my fellow users here. I can tell you that I get responses for non-critical issues within 24 hours in almost every case, and generally the responses include troubleshooting steps, code samples, or alternative solutions to accomplish what I'm trying to do. Sure, they close a ticket if you don't respond in 72 hours, but we've started doing that ourselves with our end clients. We just reply to the ticket once we have the answers they requested and the ticket re-opens.

I had one technician resolve an issue with a 3rd party product without my assistance. LT and I had a scheduled call setup with the 3rd party. When the 3rd party wasn't available at our scheduled time to discuss a resolution, the support tech worked the ticket on her end to resolution. She then provided me with an email and voicemail that contained the solution from the 3rd party. I can't say that I've received that level of care in the past, and I don't know that I'll receive that level of care in the future, but I do know that one call made a huge impact on me as a customer and as a service provider to my end user.

Of all the features, my favorite is the level of customization the product affords. The redirectors are incredibly powerfull in that nearly any 3rd party app that creates a sustained network connection can be integrated with LT. I've got 3 technicians who used dameware at a previous job - they raved about the stability, low cost, and ease of use. We've run into a couple of issues with VNC, in particular around multimonitors when the primary monitor is not the left-most monitor. For a minimal investment, we deployed dameware as a backup desktop connection tool to LabVNC for remote support. Very straight forward, and very cost effective.

From my interaction with the LT team and from watching their new hires, I know they are actively working with MSPs to determine what features and tools will be most beneficial to their users. They don't sell directly to end-clients, and they are working to streamline the product from a usability standpoint. Their support is on an upward trend in my book, and I don't know that I could ask too much more out of a service provider.
AS
Report this review Was this review helpful to you? 7 5

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account