Review Detail

Remote Monitoring & Management (RMM) C claimme 7610
Good Product, but don't call support
Rating: 

I've been with Labtech for almost three years. In fact I've used them since before they were even big enough to make it into the arena of public awareness. There was a day, when, if I had a problem, I emailed Greg, and the next day I would get a new build of the software with the bug fixed. In those days, every time I did something, I found a bug (almost). The cool thing was I didn't mind because I felt that there was a company that stood behind their product, took ownership of issues, and fixed them - in a very timely manner.

I regret to say that the whole company has changed since the infusion of ConnectWise capitol. I can't prove that it is related, and, to be honest, it was going downhill before that too. I guess the disappointing thing is that support hasn't gotten any better since then. Documentation has improved, quality of releases has improved (a lot), but support is completely a joke.

I've had tickets closed that weren't even close to resolved. They take over a week to respond to a ticket, but then close it because you don't provide them some detail of info in the first 72 hours. There escalation process is completely lame. First level solves very little, and is just there to give you the feeling that you are talking to someone who thinks they know what they are doing.

I would actually prefer fewer features, and a company that really, truly stood behind it's product. I would prefer a product that was less "functional", but had a support team that KNEW how to work the features it did have. I'm tired. I'm tired of trying to make it work. I'm tired of spending hours troubleshooting issues that I should never be dealing with. (logo's on reports, anyone?) Last week I spent a solid day just trying to figure out why I had duplicate product keys in my product keys list. I don't have time to do this, Labtech. Give me a product that works, and a company that stands behind it with five star support.

I've invested nearly $10,000 into this system - not much but still significant to me. There are days when I feel like throwing it down the toilet and buying on with somebody that has a support department where I can get on the phone with somebody WHO CAN HELP ME. In fact, support is now my #1 requirement for ANY software product. That's at the top of the list.

Labtech, it's time to decide which game you are playing. And play it well. I don't need a salesman to tell me your support department is in it's final ramp up stage to something awesome. I need an engineer to fix problems (without having to complain to upper level management first!).
LP
Report this review Was this review helpful to you? 21 4

Comments

1 results - showing 1 - 1
Ordering
Already have an account? or Create an account
November 15, 2011
Hi Luke,

hank you for you feedback on our product and for voicing your concerns about support. Trust me when I say we are always working hard to make support world class. In the last 4 quarters, our ticket volumes have gone from 800 a month to 3200. At the same time, our satisfaction rate on tickets have increased from 66% to 92% and our support department has grown to 40 professionals. While I feel our efforts have massively improved our support despite incredible growth, I realize perception is reality and we are always working to improve.

Recently we have implemented Atlas in our support department. Essentially we utilize an ITIL structure for all of our inquiries, escalations, and communication of change processes. This begins at the development level all the way down to Support and their outlying counterparts. Information is shared within each department, so the learning and change process is both standardized and unified across the organization. The ATLAS program will be published in the coming weeks with our LT Support Portal as well.

We are also going to be adding certification levels that can allow experienced LabTech professionals to automatically escalate past level one.

And Luke, like always, you can escalate to some of the people you met early on at LabTech (Greg or I). We are still here slaving away and working to improve our product and support. I know we have emailed before, but my email is matt@labtechsoft.com. Thanks for being a partner and working with us as you have issues with support. Your feedback is critical in making our business better.

Thanks,
Matt
CEO, LabTech Software
M
mnachtrab

Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/442876.cloudwaysapps.com/zqvryfthhg/public_html/wp-content/plugins/jreviews/jreviews/services/authorization/discussion_permissions.php on line 80

Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/442876.cloudwaysapps.com/zqvryfthhg/public_html/wp-content/plugins/jreviews/jreviews/services/authorization/discussion_permissions.php on line 80

Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/442876.cloudwaysapps.com/zqvryfthhg/public_html/wp-content/plugins/jreviews/jreviews/services/authorization/discussion_permissions.php on line 102

Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/442876.cloudwaysapps.com/zqvryfthhg/public_html/wp-content/plugins/jreviews/jreviews/services/authorization/discussion_permissions.php on line 102
1 results - showing 1 - 1