Review Detail

Backup Solutions C claimme 2203
Ahsay??? Much better choices out there... Think again.
Rating: 

I have been an Ahsay partner for the last 11 years and have seen many improvements with the product. The product is designed for use mostly in small residential and small commercial backup solutions. While the product has had its reliability issues on some versions, I have really been struggling to stay with Ahsay as a partner. Over the past few years, the quality and reliability of their software has fluctuated with their versions. And now with version 7.5 out, I have ben seeing many bugs within the software. 7.5 really makes it easy for the service provider with the easy branding, however, with issues on "missed backups" having my customers being notified that their backups were missed while it was successful isn't a pat on the back for reputation tho. While being a faithful partner with maintenance over the years, they have always said you could update to the latest version of the software. This isn't quite true and I am not happy with the management at Ahsay for misleading their partner network. You can only upgrade to version 6.x and if you want to go to version 7.x it will cost you even if you have paid for maintenance. Ahsay has changes much of its licensing and is confusing now. With the misleading of product upgrades for it's partners and the only way is to pay more for product licensing, I will shortly be looking for a replacement for Ahsay as many other partners have done in the past year due to Ahsay management philosophy change. For those considering Ahsay, I would strongly consider alternatives to this product since it will cost you more down the road in not only time and licensing, but business and service reputation. Overall, technical support is okay if you only expect 1-2 day response - critical issue support? Better have a great "developer" understanding of their product, since you will need it. Sales team - lots of turn over there. Sales managers are seasoned but I'm sure your impression of their front line sales folks will damage your impression before you get to the Sales management team. The market now has much better products to choose from due to technology changes that have happened in the past years while Ahsay has not kept current. Thanks, Chris
C
Report this review Was this review helpful to you? 3 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account